Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How I Designed My Website

It was so stupidly simply, I was able to do it by myself. It was a pre-made template, and was practically free. No, I am not getting paid, and I know that this sounds kinda like an ad, but I thought you would be interested.

A great website with rich content is central to my campaign. It is more important than everything else put together. So, I dreaded the time, expense, and trouble it would take to design it. I had reserved my domain name, and was exploring options for web hosting and design. Low and behold, I got an email from the company I used to reserve my domain name. Webhosting was ten bucks a month, which I thought was reasonable (there are cheaper places); but this company also offered free templates for website design (well, OK, it was 2 bucks more per month for this service along with email).

A bargain, so I signed up. Better, when I went into their do it yourself website service, they recommended a pre-made, patriotic template. I was delighted with this design, and used it. All I had to do was start typing in text and uploading pictures (yes, I know, I still do not have pictures of myself yet on the website). Within 2 hours, my website was up and running.

My website today is pretty much the same one I designed myself that night. Who is this company? You will have to visit my website to find out (heh, heh).
www.geraldforcongress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment