Thursday, November 4, 2010

Election Results - I Lost, or Did I???

Official, final results Calif 9th Congressional District from the ROV:

Barbara Lee (Dem) 180,400 - 84.3%
Gerald Hashimoto (Rep) 23,054 - 10.8%
Dave Heller (Grn) 4,848 - 2.3%
James Eyer (Lib) 4,113 - 1.9%
Larry Allen (P&F) 1,670 - 0.7%

If you compare my total to past results (see previous post), my results were about what you would expect. Republicans in my district get votes in a rather tight band, and I was right in the middle. Yes, I was a bit disappointed that I was not able to break out of this band, but I got slightly better results than the past few elections. I had an interesting conversation with a local political reporter. He was interviewing me, and I said that running for Congress in this district is good training for political candidates; he agreed, saying very succinctly: yes, it does not really matter what the candidate does. Indeed: many have run before me, all with very different campaigns, yet the results are remarkably similar.

There is an old saying that you do not have to win the battle to win the war, and so it is with my candidacy. My goal was to spread the word of conservativism, and in this I succeeded rather well, and was rewarded with a mildly better vote total.

Yes, I am relieved and exhausted (in a good way). I am no longer stressed out, and I am sleeping better. I think I deserve a vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Final results in my district:

    Barbara Lee (Dem) 180,400 - 84.3%
    Gerald Hashimoto (Rep) 23,054 - 10.8%
    Dave Heller (Grn) 4,848 - 2.3%
    James Eyer (Lib) 4,113 - 1.9%
    Larry Allen (P&F) 1,670 - 0.7%

    ReplyDelete